Secure Off-site Document Shredding
OFF-Site Shredding, also known as Plant Based Destruction, is for customers who prefer their material be shredded at our secure facility. Your material is transported by our trained personnel in locked containers or closed boxes from your office to our Truck waiting right outside. Your material is loaded into our trucks, locked and then returned to our secure facility in East Windsor, CT. All Infoshred trucks are equipped with a GPS vehicle tracking system, which allows us to locate your material across Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island at any time in the transportation process. Once at our plant, we shred the material and boxes, bale it and send to a paper recycling facility where it is pulped in preparation for paper making. Our entire facility is monitored by a Sonitrol alarm system and closed circuit video equipment. Infoshred offers confidential document shredding throughout Southern New England including Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
Detailed Step by Step Process:
- Locking containers and two keys are delivered to the customer site.
- Infoshred will respond to all emergency requests on an average of 24 hours.
- Uniformed Infoshred Drivers will arrive at the customer site with an Infoshred truck.
- Drivers must check in at customer site with an authorized contact person. Following each customer’s check in policies.
- Driver will remove the full, locked security containers from the customer site and replace them with an empty container.
- Before it is destroyed, all material must be attended by a company employee or physically secured from unauthorized access while in the custody of the Infoshred security professional.
- All materials must be contained during the transfer from customer’s facility to destruction vehicle to prevent loss from wind or other atmospheric conditions.
- The driver will have the customer sign a material pick up slip.
- The material is always contained in a locked truck. Infoshred’s trucks lock automatically eliminating any human error.
- Infoshred trucks are equipped with Babaco alarm systems. The Babaco system is designed to prevent theft of the vehicle with an audible alarm and engine-disabling device. The system also alerts the driver if they attempt to operate the vehicle without securing the box.
- All of Infoshred’s trucks are equipped with the StreetEagle Vehicle Tracking System. StreetEagle allows Infoshred to identify the location of your material at any time in the transportation process. Reports can be generated showing all relevant information.
- The material will be returned to Infoshred’s secured processing plant in East Windsor, CT and shredded into 1.5 inch x 5/8 inch cross cut particle by our AMS 15000 Magnum series crosscut shredder. The material is then baled and recycled. If microfilm is being destroyed it will be disintegrated into 3/8 square particle by our SEM Disintegrator and sent to the local trash-to energy plant. All other non-paper media will be shredded on our AMS 7500 product destruction machine and recycled or sent to the local trash-to energy plant. 99.3% of all material processed at Infoshred is recycled.
- All container service material is shredded within 24 hours.
- A 6-month digital video history of the processing is kept on record. Customers can request video at any time.
Infoshred is the only vendor in New England to be certified by NAID for secure Off-site Document Shredding, On-site Document Shredding, and Media Disintegration.