Why Should Electronic Waste Be Recycled?

Why Should Electronic Waste Be Recycled?

Everyone aspires to own the most newest and cutting-edge technology devices to hit the market. Every month, an incredible amount of new electronic products are released. What happens to the older ones, though? After their useful lifecycle, the majority of individuals simply store them in a closet and forget about them for years because they simply don’t know what to do with them. The landfills are becoming more and more crowded with electronic garbage.

Only 20% of the world’s total electronic trash is thought to be recycled properly, with the remaining 80% ending up in dumpsters and eventually landfills. Environmental pollution is at its highest level and has led to environmental pollution and resulting in health issues for humans. There are a number of reasons why electronic waste must be recycled….

Creating a safe environment

Man kind has polluted the environment during the past 100 years. More recently, significantly more pollution is caused by electronic garbage. Discarded devices are made of hazardous chemicals and toxic materials. When these materials seep into the neighboring water reservoirs, it contaminates the water and makes it unusable.  This contaminated water has a negative impact on all living things, including humans, animals, plants, and microorganisms.

Creating Room for Living Things

You can encounter enormous landfills filled with trash and electrical debris if you travel to third-world nations, particularly in the poorer parts of cities and villages. The quantity of space that this waste occupies in our planet is growing every day. There is an urgent need for more space to live on, cultivate food, and tend to livestock because of the growing human population in our planet. Our ability to properly dispose of and recycle our electronic waste will help to ensure that the world is a safe and healthy place for future generations to live.

Use Recycled Materials

Plastic, metals, and chemicals, among other valuable materials, are widely used in our electronic devices. The majority of the components in those gadgets are recyclable. All the metal wires can be used to make other things, including electrical cables.  The majority of the parts in your laptops and mobile devices can be removed and recycled.  Glass fragments from our electronic devices can be removed and reused in other goods.

The Law

Electronics cannot be discarded in the regular garbage, which appears to be a common misunderstanding. Local laws require recycling of all electronics to prevent disposal and burining of the toxic metals and various materials in electronics.

The rise in electronic trash globally is a worrying development for society and is crucial that we take this matter seriously in order to protect our environment. Infoshred can arrange a pick up of your electronic waste and help you propoerly recycle your obsolete products.

Request an estimate on our website or by calling 860-627-5800 to learn more. Our experts will ask you a few questions to better understand your requirements, after which they will tell you exactly what to expect from start to finish, including the cost.

Post Author

Call us at 860-627-5800 for additional information, or click here to get a free estimate.

Watch our educational videos here to learn more about Infoshred:

Record Storage

Storage FAQs

Web Tool

Infoshred 3 Craftsman Road East Windsor, CT 06088 USA Local (860) 627-5800 (860) 627-5809 (Fax)